Sunday

100 Promises To My Baby

Well it's the time of year where we're all trying to figure out what the perfect gift would be for everyone on our list. We all like to give something meaningful to those we care about and I can assure you that this book will have lots of meaning to anyone who is expecting a new little bundle of joy. I can't imagine any mother-to-be not being touched by and even brought to tears by this book "100 Promises to My Baby" by Mallika Chopra (Deepak Chopra's daughter).
I got it while I was pregnant and every morning with my tea I would read a chapter and it never failed to bring tears to my eyes. It represents everything that we want to teach and share with our children. With ten chapters on every area of life such as Hopes, Traditions, Choices, Values and Love divided into individual promises, it is very easy to read in short intervals. It includes promises such as "I promise to always remember that you are a gift from God", "I promise to hold you but never hold on to you", "I promise to help you see that you are perfect just the way you are", "I promise to create a loving and enriching environment for you" and "I promise to foster the magic of your imagination". These are some of my favourites but I could go on and on there are so many beautiful ones. It is written by a Mom from a very personal point of view and includes short stories, anecdotes and some poetry. Throughout the book there are little points of reflection for us to stop and think about.
From the elegant soothing cover through to the 100th promise this book is a beautiful touching tribute to the joys of motherhood and any mother who does not have the opportunity to read this book is missing out. It is a book that you want to go back to over and over for little reminders of how we truly want to raise our children.

Happy Holiday Shopping!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment