Wednesday

Crayola Tadoodles First markers

Well we're back from our trip to Boston and it was a success! The baby, Liddy (well, she's two) turned out to be an excellent little car traveller.
We were visiting my cousin who has a three year old daughter and a one year old son. They are the cutest little things...
Anyway I was telling her about the TaDoodles First Markers that we had gotten for Liddy for Christmas. In case you're not familiar, they are egg-shaped markers that look like animals, also available in crayon and paint form apparently, by Crayola that are supposed to make it easy for baby's little hands to hold onto for coloring. While I have to admit that they are very cute, especially the puppy, and the concept is good, I dread everytime Liddy wants to play with them. First of all, unless you hold them perfectly upright they don't draw because of the way the edging around the felt is made, even I had trouble with this at first because you can't see where you're drawing. It took Liddy awhile to master it and she still has a hard time sometimes and gets frustrated. The other thing about them that I really dislike is the amount of ink that comes out, it is way too much. If you push on the marker, and what toddler isn't going to, you end up with a puddle of ink. Liddy likes to make dots on her puppies when she is drawing, and while I will admit that sometimes she is a little too vigorous, the ink literally sprays out around her.
When I was finished ranting to my cousin about this she opened her kitchen drawer to show me that her set of the exact same markers were hidden away in a plastic baggie for exactly the same reasons.
So, I guess it's not just me....
Oh, I should probably mention something positive about the markers, besides them being cute to look at, they do wash out of practically everything without a problem...for that I am extremely thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment