Tuesday

Guess How Much I Love You

I'm back to tell you about the book I can't read to my baby without crying. "Guess How Much I Love You" by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram. I saw this book in the bookstore before I was even pregnant. We had been trying for several years to have a baby and as I stood in the aisle reading that book with tears running down my face I promised myself that if I was ever lucky enough to get pregnant the first thing I would buy for my baby-to-be was that book. After eight years of trying I was finally pregnant and I kept my promise to myself. This is a very touching story of a baby hare who is trying to demonstrate to his Father how much he loves him but is always disappointed that his Father can reach higher and wider than he can. In the end the Father Hare lets him get in the last word, at least until he falls asleep. The book is beautifully illustrated and makes a great bedtime story (if, unlike me, you can get through it without tearing up). This is one of the books on my list of gifts for every baby shower that I go to. You can even get a little stuffed hare as well as many other "Guess How Much I Love You" items to complement the book.

See you next week with my favourite bedtime story of the moment..


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment