Tuesday

Three Cups - A Lesson in Life and Money for Children by Tony Townsley

I have been wondering for awhile now how to go about teaching my soon-to-be six year old daughter about money. I've researched online and come across many different points of view. When I had the opportunity to review this book I was hopeful but also a little wary. I wasn't sure what to expect but I thought it would probably end up just being another dry, how-to book.



Luckily I was very very wrong. Three Cups A Lesson in Life and Money for Children  by Tony Townsley is an excellent book presented as an adventure. It teaches children about money through a story. The story of a little boy who receives three cups plus an allowance for his 5th birthday. He is taught how to divide his allowance up every week between saving, spending and giving. It shows, through the story, how rewarding it can be to share with the less fortunate, to save for something important and how fun it is to be able to reward yourself sometimes. The boy in the story also goes to the bank and learns what it means to deposit your savings so that it can grow.

There is a parent's guide at the end of the book to help you get started and a website where you can share your own inspiring stories.

My little girl is turning six in January and there is no question that I will be using Three Cups A Lesson in Life and Money for Children  by Tony Townsley as my guide to teach her the many adventures of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment