Thursday

Disney Princess- The Essential Guide

Disney Princess: The Essential Guide (Dk Essential Guides)Awhile back my daughter was going through a huge Disney Princess phase. I am happy to say that she has moved on to other things like horses and other outdoor activities.
I didn't mind the Princess phase too much except for how ridiculously commercial Disney has made it. Not to mention that many of their toys have been shown to contain chemicals that are toxic to children. They seem to think that they can come up with any piece of garbage with a Princess on it and everyone will buy it.
That is exactly the case with the Disney Princess The Essential Guide. It is a complete waste of time and money. It annoys me that I can't get back any of the time I lost reading this book.
It is completely disjointed and redundant. All it does is summarize, in non-sequential senseless little blurbs, some of the events of each of the princesses' stories. There is nothing new to learn about them so if you've seen the movies then there is absolutely no reason to look at this book.
The title is deceiving, it is not an "essential guide" by any stretch of the imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment