Tuesday

Love Your Heart by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas

This is a book review I just posted on my "green" blog but I thought I'd share it here also since it's a great book for pre-schoolers.

"Love Your Heart" is the latest children's book from Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas. It's a charming book about a little girl's search for a talent to perform in the school talent show only to discover that her true talent is kindness.

To me this book was also about the loving relationship between a little girl and her Daddy, a relationship that demonstrates how all parents should guide and teach their children. It's written with a natural warmth and sense of humour. As I read the book I could hear Tim McGraw's voice inside my head and I found myself subconsciously adding a twang to my voice as I read (which of course my four year old daughter found quite hysterical).

My daughter loved this book, especially the parts with Palio, the dog. The lesson in the story was clear, true talent is the ability to show kindness and help others, but it was not done in a corny or condescending style as so many books with a "lesson" are.

The illustrations by Abigail Marble are enchanting and a perfect match for the book.

I would recommend this book for children aged 4years-8 years. I'm very glad we got to add this to our bookshelf and I'm looking forward to checking out "My Little Girl", the first book by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas.

Thanks to Thomas Nelson Publishing for providing me with a free copy of this book to review. All opinions are my own honest views and were not influenced by anyone (other than my daughter) in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment